Math In Focus
This site provides our community with resources, background and training in our Math curriculum for grades 2 - 6
The Math in Focus program was introduced in 2013 after extensive review and to better align curriculum with the new state standards starting in the 2014-2015 school year.
These rigorous standards require our students to be strong mathematical thinkers and problem solvers as well as being fluent in basic skills and in other skill areas.
Why Math in Focus?
- All students will be challenged with an increased emphasis on problem solving and thinking skills.
- Math in Focus-Singapore Math has the resources needed to prepare our students to excel in math with the new Pennsylvania Core Standards' expectations.
- Instruction will be highly focused and involve more concrete experiences at all levels.
- Students will be challenged to solve very difficult problems, requiring them to apply their math skills in novel ways.
- Problem solving and application are well balanced with skill development as basic skills fundamental are emphasized throughout the curriculum.
- This curriculum will prepare our students for Algebra when they are ready to take it.
- Singapore students excel in math with this curriculum as measured by international benchmarks.